Additional Course Information
For all ACT Strategies sessions, the program is as follows:
1st Saturday class*
Pretest 8 a.m. - noon
2nd Saturday class
Review Test 8 - 10 a.m.
English 10 a.m. - noon
Reading 6 - 7 p.m.
Writing 7 - 8 p.m.
Math 6 - 7 p.m.
Science 7 - 8 p.m.
Mini tests, questions, wrap-up 6 - 8 p.m.
*Attendance at this class is mandatory.
To receive the full benefit of this course, it is important to attend all classes in the session. All materials are included in the $145 course fee. Classroom assignments will be sent in a confirmation email before the course begins.
Additional Session Information
Register for this series of prep classes that can help you improve your score on the ACT exam!
- Learn from top instructors. Only top-rated instructors from local school districts teach the ACT Strategies course at UW-Rock County.
- Take the class when you need it most. Take ACT Strategies just prior to taking the actual ACT exam so you are less likely to forget what you learned before you take the test.
- Pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses. Begin the course by taking a carefully designed diagnostic test. Use the detailed score report to determine exactly what you need to focus on during the course.
- Gain experience. Complete a practice essay. Take an ACT. Feel more confident and comfortable. Gain tips to assist in alleviating test anxiety.
- Discover test-taking strategies. Learn a variety of test-taking strategies that can help you increase your speed and accuracy on the ACT.
- Practice under test conditions. You'll spend about a third of the class working on carefully designed problems under test conditions and get immediate feedback on your performance.
Note: You must register to take the actual ACT test separately through ACT.
The University reserves the right to cancel any program due to low enrollment or other reason. In the event of a class cancellation by the University, a full refund is automatically processed. If you withdraw from a class, you must notify us at least one week before the first class in order to receive a refund, less a $10 administrative fee. Call us at (608) 758-6565 x 360 during business hours to cancel. (Please note: we make financial commitments to our instructors based on enrollments received. Your participation is part of that commitment.) There is no refund for travel programs unless we fill your spot from our wait list.