It is our privilege to serve our community and to host our Fall 2021 personal enrichment courses in-person, on our campus. For the health and safety of our students and staff, strict guidelines will be implemented. All students and staff will be expected to follow these guidelines or will be at risk for immediate dismissal.
*Please note, UWM has a mandatory mask policy in effect. You must have a mask on to enter all buildings on campus. If students do not come to campus with a mask, one will be provided for you.
COVID Testing Requirements:
· UWM will require weekly testing of unvaccinated faculty, staff and students who are not 100% online. These requirements apply to all three UWM campuses. Please visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to find a testing site nearest to your location:
· If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptom consistent with the COVID-19 Symptom Checker, contact your doctor. Do not come to class.
· All students and staff are required to wear their mask during class. If you need a break, feel free to leave your class and take a short walk outside, maintaining a 6’ distance at all times.
· All students/staff are encouraged to maintain a 6’ distance at all times.
· Classrooms will be professionally cleaned at least once per day. They will also be stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfectants that students and instructors can use to clean their seats and work areas.
· Thermometers are available in the Continuing Education office to any student that displays any COVID-19 symptom during class. Students will be removed from classroom and asked to leave at that time. Continuing Education staff will monitor the temperatures of students under 18 years of age and will contact their parent/guardian if needed.
· Students will self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. See the CDC’s website for more information about COVID-19 symptoms. In addition to this document, see the CDC’s website for more information about what to do if you are experiencing symptoms. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptom, contact your doctor. Do not come to class.
· Get the facts about Coronavirus. Visit the CDC’s website for a list of symptoms and how to protect yourself. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html