4 Days, 3 nights
Depart UWMC – Sept 17, 11:30 AM, Return Sept 20, 2017, 5:00 PM
Discover the Apostle Islands’ many charms as you enjoy local culture, view presentations on historic shipwrecks and hear the tales of early settlers. Discover the Apostle Islands, 22 Lake Superior isles (only one of them inhabited) off the northern tip of Wisconsin. A treasured beauty! Learn about the history of the shipwrecks in this area, board a tour boat to discover the historic lighthouses that guide ships and boats safely through the waters and walk the quaint streets to take in the unique shops. Enjoy the small and lively fishing town of Bayfield, Wisconsin, at the beautiful accommodations on the water’s edge at the Bayfield Inn. This trip includes:
· A visit and tour at the Great Lakes Visitor Center.
· Tour of the National Park Center and presentation by a National Park Ranger.
· A boat tour of the Apostle Islands.
· A ride on the ferry to Madeline Island (the only inhabited island in the chain), Tour of Madeline Island Museum, guided tour aboard the coach of Madeline and exploration of Big Bay State Park with its pristine barrier beach and boardwalk.
· Dive into the history of the area with local historians and walking tours – enjoy some great tales of culture, stories and what makes this area unique!Sept 17 – 20, 2017 – 4 days, 3 nights, Dinner (Sept 17), Breakfast (Sept 18 – 20), Lunch (Sept 18-19), return early
For more formal information, please refer to the attached document "Explore Apostle Island..." which is a day by day itinerary.